Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sleepless Stupor

I just love this verse from Job 10: "You will forget your misery; you will remember it as waters that have passed away. And your life will be brighter than the noonday; its darkness will be like the morning. And you will have confidence, because there is hope; you will be protected and take rest in safety."

Right now misery is all about a crying baby and very little sleep and the promise is that it will be gone tomorrow, as I know it will. I have no memory of the early struggles we had with David, but I am told they were just as challenging.

In a recent sermon I heard, our talked about how life is not about being happy. The pastor said that if it were, we would all be disappointed most of the time, in marriage, friends, our success, etc. I believe this is true and hope to live fully, without the expectation of everyone and everything turning into a fairy tale, which would be so boring anyway.

1 comment:

betsy said...

I heard a sermon that said that when James says "consider it pure joy my brothers when you encounter trials of many times for the testing of your faith develops perserverence" the pastor said that perserverence literally means "under remain" which sort of means that you learn (by God's spirit)why you are under trials and that you don't try to get out from under but stay there because it's there that God makes you mature and complete - not lacking anything...so I'm praying for you my sister for peace and strength in the midst. love you!