Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Prayer for Me

I recently went to the Christ the King (Catholic Church) Adoration room, a place where people adore Christ 24 hours a day. The idea is that God is more present there and so they have someone there at all times to worship God. On a poster are the words of Jesus to Peter, "So you could not stay awake with Me for even an hour."

The line makes me think of what I understand to be Catholic guilt. The sense that I am behind and my priorities no matter what they might be are off. So I am excited about the notion of committing to an order. I am working to create an internal space where I can hear God (cultivating this relationship).

It is harder to put first, but has started with prayer (which I adjust each time I pray it).

God, You are God of time, space, living, Me.
May I see you in your glory and praise You!

You imagined me, coded my cells, built my guts, knit fingers, colored eyes and breathed air into my belly. Your fingerprints marked my understanding towards you.

You know My days, my history, cast me in and pulled me out of fires for my good, out of a greater love, a greater desire I might feel your palm on my shoulder, know you knowing me intimately.

You continue to direct my ideas and plans. You want me to thrive, to hope big and to live anticipating and resting in your Promises fulfilled.

Help me order my mind to see your working in me. Open my ears to your wispers of truth and speak up, when I am deaf. May I find quiet, claim sanctuary at your table as your daughter, where you pray for my days, you support my knowing your good gifts and you dream for my tomorrow.

May I know the fullness of your love and cling to you as you guide my ordering. Examine my thoughts for truth and celebrate transformation. Protect my heart as you shift the voices within me to hear a wholeness of vision.

Speak through me, experiencing your Spirit work with boldness.

With your hands, may I attend to my self, laugh, weep openly, show up as yours, expressing myself in appearance, trusting and expecting your foot steps leading me forward.

May I live your calling - seeing my gifts, strengths, and passions towards
- loving you, me and everyone else
- sharing who you are within me
- Building relationships towards mutual freedom
- Blessing Children
- Drawing, Writing, Singing God as I turn towards your face and it glow on my own
- Owning doubt/limits as sidelines to experiencing being knowing and loved, soas to move towards you, awesome God.

2 comments:

betsy said...

love this prayer!

betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.