Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Power of Observation

In working on a daVinci exercise around sense, I decided to listen to the world for new sounds. (Being in Florence made this somewhat easy)
-I heard Andrew's phone wake me up - meap, meap (old English ring sound)
-Buzz of people in a Piazza - no words just bustles and pitch and constant humm
-Piano hard sound, so confident
-Andrew concerned about his voice on video - too nasal, he begins to experiment
-Other sounds in open air - singing teenagers on train, John Denver like singing man passionately bringing a crowd
-Lots of strange sounding sirens, loud and echoing as they travel down tiny streets
- Il Latino Restaurant, clanking and multi-languages overwhelming our heads and drowning our voices
-Language -Italian, British, Australian, German, French, Japanese highs and lows ringing

In various themed exercises I am overcome by how awareness enlivens experience. So much more is in front of me then I realize. As I bring awareness of self to the world, I am also experiencing new aspects of myself that fill me with both fascination and fear.

No comments: