Thursday, June 03, 2010

Being in My Own World

I spent a few days in Chicago with David this past week. It was a strange adventure for us, with me being 8 months pregnant, David being a little more concerned about his surroundings, and the realization that I am a real foreigner to those parts. No one hailed me as a native, even though I spent almost 10 years in the area.

I saw running friends and working friends and realized that I do not miss the intensity of their lives. The deadlines and stresses and big goals were things that used to consume me, but now sound commical. Not to say that I will not work or run again, as I hope to do both, but those areas do not define me and I do not feel less of a person without them.

I really enjoy being at home every day. Wow, I really can't believe I could say that, but it is true. I love writing, artist collaboratives, watching shows, my neighbors and my family. I don't know if anyone can relate to that, because it is not the thing I am dialoguing with anyone about, but I feel good just saying it!

No comments: