Wednesday, August 03, 2011

I do

My beautiful 22 year old sister-in-law is married. The day was perfection, from her purple eye shadow, to her side feather hair accessory, with white wire netting to her chin. I met her at age six and over the years she has blossomed, figuring out who she is, what she wants and now journeying forward to a new city, med school and a man who loves her for her (and vice versa).

At the event I got to walk the isle and meet my husband waiting as an attendant at the front. I caught his eye from the entrance and he twinkled, slim and chiseled. I wanted to run to him, my eyes light. We held hands through the seven prayers and sermon, the heat of the day drenching our fingers in sweat. Vows were spoken and in my head I to was saying, "I do, I do, I do." At the reception, as he sat clicking buttons for a twenty-five minute slide show of the couples story, my chest burst watching him masterfully painting their story and every so often glancing over at me and smiling.

No comments: