Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Planting

I planted raspberries at the top of the hill in my back yard tonight. It took hauling in dirt, wood chips, 15 little plants and a lot of digging and mixing.  I have never had my own land, so it is exciting to look out my window and see the red line, where the pine mulch surrounds my hope of fresh fruit this summer. We had them growing up and my mom and I would collect a few every day for most of the summer. It is a way to remember the colorful spaces that she and my dad created for us.

3 comments:

Melissa Jenks said...

My grandfather had raspberries lining the entire edge of his garden... Nothing better than vanilla ice cream with red raspberries.

Jeannie said...

Enjoy your raspberries! I made homemade blueberry pancakes on Saturday morning and thought about your mom...

Red Sonia said...

Aww. So yummy. That has to be one of my favorites. I am always experimenting with recipes and restaurant versions, because they never taste exactly like my moms. Someday I will find it!! Thanks for sharing that!