Friday, May 23, 2014

Oil Paints


I went with two friends to my first painting class, since before kids. It in the Ann Arbor Art Studio, which I thought was like a one room school-house, but upon arrival I found it was three floors and filled with sculptors, printmakers, jewelers and the like. The ceramics crew cat called with, Ceramics is Better. On introduction to our class, we were told Acrylics were like first impressions and there was no room to change or discover. Our teacher's passion is for the journey.

She stated early that the education was a dialogue and that she would work with us, but we had to talk back. This was quickly true as she engaged with me about how I see and what I see and drew over my page. I was torn in the yes, tell me, the no, I disagree and then the "Oh no, what is she going to tell the next person."

No comments: